Tuesday, January 12, 2010

I'm scared.

For the past week, Alaina will randomly start choking and gagging. And sometimes she coughs so hard that she spits up ALOT. She did that 3 times today already. Also, when she is asleep she will randomly stop breathing and then violently start gasping for air. Needless to say, I am scared. I'm not one of these Moms who freaks out over everything. In fact, I am probably TOO laid back when it comes to my kids getting sick. But this is different. Its not normal and theres no one in the world who could convince me otherwise. Its progressively gotten worse and the past couple nights I have lain awake in bed, listening and making sure that my sweet baby is still breathing in her bassinett.
Today has been the worst so far. I cannot tell you how many times she has had her "gasping spells" while she's slept today. I'm afraid to sleep tonight.
For those who know my Mom, she is a WONDERFUL pediatric nurse. She works at First Choice Peds, where we take the girls. I talked to her tonight and usually she makes me feel better, but she had no words of wisdom tonight or any "well, it could be...." explanations. I'm taking Alaina to the Doctor tomorrow. Hopefully we will find out whats going on, and that there is something that we can do to stop it.

So, for those of you who read my blog.....pray. please.

No comments:

Post a Comment