Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Will it ever get done?

Well, thats a good question. Hannah's room sure won't paint itself! I feel like I have a ton of things to do before Hannah gets here. In reality, I don't have that much to do. I just feel rushed. But that's the hormones talking. I think this Saturday I'm not going to paint the whole room, but I'm going to buckle down and finally get that bookcase out of the room and finish painting the shelves that line the walls. That needs to get done before the rest of the room is painted. My mother in law offered to help paint whenever the time comes. I think I will ask her to help me with the walls in the room. But since its just the shelves that I have to do, I only need like 1 other person to help me, and its been ages since I've really spent quality time with my mother. Of course, now that I've made up my mind to ask my mom to help me, she is probably scheduled to work and can't do it. That, or she's going to be busy trying to move more things into the new house. Bummer. I could actually do the shelves by myself, but its much more fun to have someone there to talk to. Its helps pass the time.

Anyway, despite not having Hannah's room done, I have gotten quite a bit done lately. I've kept up with my homework and studying, so I don't feel like I'm behind in any of my classes. And I know we've only had 3 weeks of classes, but alot happens in 3 weeks and its really easy to fall behind. I've kept myself busy today doing housework. Cleaning the bathroom, kitchen, dining room, living room, Sophie's room, laundry (only about 1/2 the laundry though. We ran out of detergent and I didn't feel like going out to buy any-so I went to the kitchen to wash dishes instead), and I made our bed and took the dirty clothes to the laundry room. I've also played ball with Sophie in her bedroom. She's learning that its okay to play in her room. Don't get me wrong, I don't want her to hole herself up in her bedroom and play in there by herself for hours, but I want her to feel like her room is HER room and she can play in there if she would like to.
Yesterday while Michael had his friend Anthony over and they hung out, I put together Hannah's new floor lamp while Sophie napped. I love it. Its the same kind of lamp that we have in Sophie's bedroom and its really great. Its a 5 bulb lamp and it has 3 different settings, so it can be really bright, not so bright, or kind of dull. Its perfect for a baby's room. I also went to WalMart and got some more lightbulbs (the energy saving kind. where 11 watts=60 watts) to change out some of the burnt-out bulbs at home. *sigh* It makes me feel so good to get some housework done, especially on a day that I have classes. I tend to get lazy inbetween classes, but if I push myself to do a little housework, then usually I get a burst of energy and have to clean clean clean everything! I love it!

I have Prob & Stats class tonight. I hope I get my quiz results back from Monday. Pray that I did well! I studied really hard for it and I feel good about it, but I'm going to feel a little worried about it until I see the results!

No comments:

Post a Comment