Monday, September 14, 2009

Monday Morning Catch-up

I thought I'd do a quick blog this morning before Sophie wakes up.
We had a great weekend! It feels so great to not work all weekend and be able to spend some quality time with Sophie and Michael. Plus, we usually do alot of family things on the weekends as well (with the extended family).
Last Thursday, Sept 10th, was Michael's 25 birthday! Halfway to 50. What a mile marker! I had school all day, so in between classes, we went to Erwin. My parents gave Michael his gift and then I gave him his gift and we hurried and went home so I could leave for my night class. All in all, it was a good day, but I would have liked to have done a little more for Michael on his special day.
Anyway, on Friday I got some housework done (YAY) and completely exhausted myself. haha. How quickly I run out of steam. As I am typing this, I'm looking around and it makes me sick how cluttered the living room has gotten since I cleaned up. Ugh. Cleaning is a never-ending process. I was telling Michael yesterday that he could be a little more romantic and liven up the romance in our relationship. He asked me what I meant. I told him that its the little things that I appreciate. I gave him this example: Clean the bathroom one day. Heck, just clean the toilet. When you finish, put the lid down and lay a rose/flower of your choice on top of the CLEAN lid, so that I know its been cleaned and that you were doing it as a kind gesture. I mean, you can't get much more romantic than that, right? That's MY idea of romance. Leave the wining and dining to other couples with larger wallets.
On Saturday, we went over to Michael's parent's house and had a family birthday party for Michael, Andy, and Jessa (other members of Michaels family). Had a great time. Kelly (cousin) was there and brought her baby, Abbi. She's the sweetest little thing! Anyway, Kelly and I also studied Epithelial tissues for an hour (we have the same teacher for A&P1, and we have a tissues quiz next week). Glad to have gotten those down and memorized! We didn't get home til 10:30pm. By that time, Sophie was asleep and out of it. We had a great time, but I felt a little guilty for having Sophie out that late, since she usually goes to bed around 9pm.
Finally, Sunday. We got up and got ready to go to church (which was very good, by the way). Great sermon on prayer. After church, we went to my parents and ate lunch. Sophie took a nap and while she was napping, Michael and my little brother David went to Johnson City and got their hair cut. By the time they got back, it was time for dinner. So we went to Primos in Elizabethton for pizza. Good stuff! We got home about 8pm, played with Sophie for a few minutes, and then she went to bed. So that was our weekend. Very eventful, but I guess it doesn't sound too exciting when you write it all down.
Well, perfect timing. Sophie just woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment