Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Toilets and popsicles

I have gotten very friendly with the toilets at home and at work. I was truly hoping that the nausea and vomitting would have ended with first trimester, but it hasn't worked out that way. I had a doctor's appt today, and not only did I lose 7 lbs in 4 weeks, but I am dehydrated. Dr. Hinton told me that he'd give me til my next doctor's appointment (1 month) to get hydrated or they'd admit me for IV fluids. Yuck. The Dr. told me that popsicles is the best way to go, because they will slowly hydrate me, make me feel better, and bring my low blood sugar up. Hopefully this means that I won't develop gestational diabetes! He also prescribed meds for nausea so that I will hopefully stop losing weight and won't be as miserable anymore. So my doctor's appointment wasn't bad, but it wasn't good either. I really hope that I will stop throwing up so much so I can stay hydrated and stop being so miserable. I'm not trying to complain, but I am SO tired and achy all the time now, it seems. It will be a relief to feel better.
Sophie woke up and was BURNING up. As it turns out, she had a fever- 102.6! She's been tired and fussy all day (who can blame her?). We took her to the doctor's office and Dr. Farmer said that its not an ear infection, and she doesn't see a rash or anything, so its probably something viral that will pass in a few days. I sure hope so. I hate that I can't do anything to make Sophie feel better, other than give her Ibuprofen and hold her.
Sophie had her first birthday on June 6th, last Saturday. Her party is next Tuesday evening at 6pm. I can't believe she's a year old! The time has really flown by so quickly. I am excited about all the things that Sophie's doing now- walking, playing with us, splashing in her little pool, she's done with her bottle now!, eating meals with us, "talking", pointing...she's just so much fun! But I also feel a little cheated. It seems like all those moments of her being so little where too short. She wasn't a newborn long enough, she became "mobile" too quickly, I could really go on and on. I guess when you are a first time parent, you are so excited about your baby hitting all those milestones that you really don't focus on all the time in-between the milestones. When you look back, you really realize that every moment should be cherished and remembered.
So now that I've written a small novel, I think I'll go have a popsicle and lay down for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment