Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Back it up to '07

Okay, so I have been contemplating starting a blog for awhile now. At first, I assumed that I wouldn't have the time, but if I have time to spend 20 minutes on facebook everyday, then I have time to keep up with a blog. So, to start this blog, I think I will start back at the beginning, with Michael and I in 2007.

Michael and I met in April 2007. We started dating and obviously were sexually active considering I got pregnant in September 2007. We talked about all of our options. And by options, I mean to get married or not...when to get married...getting married for the right reasons, etc. We played it cool for a few months to think about things and in December 2007, Michael proposed. I said yes, and there you have it. I was going to wait awhile to get married, because although I knew that I wasn't just getting married to him because I was pregnant, I didn't want to constantly be asked if we got married simply because of my pregnancy. However, Michael wanted Sophie to come home to OUR home after she was born, not to my parents home with me, where he wouldn't be there all the time. He didn't want to be a part-time Dad, even for a short time. I completely understood, and I think that made me fall in love with him a little more. So we got married in February, which only left us 2 months to plan a wedding(my mom and my grandmother were lifesavers and helped me SO SO much). We got married on February 23, 2008 when I was 6 months pregnant.
After we got married, I think Michael was expecting the usual wedding night "festivities", which was the farthest thing from my mind. I was so tired, and miserable, and hot, and PREGNANT. For those of you who are pregnant/have kids, you know that the last trimester isn't the most pleasant. Thats when it starts uncomfortable when you sleep and you have to wake up multiple times during the night to empty your bladder. So poor Michael didn't exactley have a fun-filled night. But if he was disappointed, I don't know, because he took it in stride and rubbed my back and we went to bed.
So Sophie was due on May 30th, 2008. Well that date came and went and so did my patience. I had one false alarm the week before Sophie's due date, so I thought for sure that I would have her by the 30th. I was sick and tired of being pregnant and I was going to scream if I had to hear my mother tell me "you should go for a walk. It induces labor" one more time. I thought I'd never get this kid outta me. Well on June 5th (Thursday), I had a Dr appointment. I was scheduled to be induced on Saturday, June 7th. However, when the Dr checked my cervix, he said that I was 3 cm dialated and that he wouldn't be suprised if he saw me at the hospital before Saturday. Well right after my appt, I was driving home and I started having contractions. Not mild contractions either. These were strong contractions coming every 3-5 minutes. I was thinking "no way. This is all in my head because the Dr told me that I am 3 cm dialated". Well the contractions kept coming, so I called Michael and told him that he needed to come home asap (He was hanging out with his friend Anthony) because I was going into labor. He asked "are you sure??" UGH. I cannot tell you how irritating it is to be asked if you are SURE if you are in LABOR. I calmly told him "YES!!" and he said that he'd meet me at home.
At 4:00pm, we headed for the hospital. When I got there, I was 4 cm dialated. Well they did not admit me. They wanted to wait until I progressed another inch, which irritated me GREATLY. Well I walked around the hospital for another hour, and I still had not progressed. It was now 8 pm. So they sent me home at 4 CM DIALATED!! So when I got home, I sat down and about 10 minutes later had to use the bathroom. Well I went to the bathroom and started bleeding alot, so we headed back to the hospital about 45 minutes after we had originally left the hospital. Well they admitted me as soon as I arrived and the nurse checked me. I was 5 cm dialated. FINALLY! They hooked up an IV and gave me some "pain meds". The meds didn't help with the pain, but it made me loopy inbetween contractions. Around 10 pm, I was given an epidural, which worked like a charm. I tried to sleep as much as I could, and at 3:30 am, the nurse woke me up to check my cervix and I was 10 cm dialated and ready to push. I started pushing at 3:45am, and Sophie was born at 4:15am on June 6, 2008. She was a healthy 8lbs, 6 oz. and 20 inches long.
So after I had Sophie, I stayed at the hospital for another day and was discharged on June 7th. From then until now, it has been quite a learning experience. I am 21 years old now, and some days I feel like I am 40. As Sophie has grown up, so have I. I've learned how to be a Mom and I love it. There is nothing better than seeing a baby, YOUR baby, growing up and starting to become a little person with a big personality.
Sophie is now 11 months old, as of today. She is walking and getting into everything and it is so much fun. She's starting to copy what we do now. Michael is trying to teach her to act like a zombie and walk with her arms out in front of her and groan. Its too funny when he gets her to do it. She is perfect and healthy and I couldn't ask for a more precious child.
So about 2 months ago, I had my monthly "gift" and oddly enough, it only lasted 2 days and was just...different. But I didn't think much about it at the time. Well last month, I missed my period so I took a pregnancy test and...POSITIVE. So...I took another one (just to be sure it wasn't a fluke)- still positive. I immediately scheduled a Dr appt and told Michael (who was very happy). Had a doctor's appointment on April 16th. Told them about my short, weird period and so my dr gave me an ultrasound and as it turns out, I was farther along than I thought, and I was actually pregnant when I had that period. I am now 10 weeks and 3 days pregnant. My due date is November 29th. Sophie will be almost 18 months old when this baby, whom I fondly call "Peanut" is born.
So far, I have been nauseated almost all the time. The past two days I have thrown up and felt horrible, but I only have 1 1/2 weeks left in my 1st trimester, so hopefully I will feel better in my 2nd trimester. But even if I am sick the whole time, Peanut is worth it. I am trying to count my blessings and be thankful even though I'm not feeling my best.
Thats where we are now. Pregnant and chasing a toddler around. Not easy, but fun. And while Sophie naps during the day, I try to catch a nap. Which means that the housework is a bit neglected, but I'm not too worried about it. There will always be housework. But naptime? Now that is something to cherish.

No comments:

Post a Comment